Entries in this dictionary indicate a patient’s location as it pertains to a site’s workflow, such as “Exam Room 1” or “Lobby”. The patient’s location is viewable and editable from the clinical toolbar provided the preference “Patient Tracking -Use Patient Site Location” is set to “Y”. Additionally, this dictionary allows individual sites to configure their own unique set of patient statuses. Refers to the patient location in the clinical toolbar.
The Pt Loc is assigned to the PATIENT. It is not specific to the encounter, date or site. If the Pt Loc is set at one site, another site will see this Location value even if it is not assigned to that site. However, the dropdown values will only consist of the Locations assigned to that site.
- Code - The Code is a unique identifier that must be supplied. This is not displayed in the product and is used for identification purposes only.
- Name - This is the name that will appear for the end users in the EHR application. This should be unique to prevent confusion.
- Mnemonic - This is not required, but it used as a secondary identifier. This does not appear in the product and unless you have another use for it, the recommendation would be to make this the same as the code.
- Inactive - The inactive flag allows you to inactivate or hide an entry. If an item is inactivated, users would not have the ability to select the allergen in the future, although any patients with the allergen defined would remain viewable.
- Enforced - The enforced flag designates whether a dictionary item is required and cannot be changed. In most cases, this comes predefined by Allscripts and should not be selected for new entries. If an entry is enforced, it cannot be modified or inactivated.