SSMT: Encounter Status
The Encounter Status SSMT content category can be used to automate the build of the Encounter Status dictionary. The Encounter Status dictionary is one of two drop down boxes on the Clinical Toolbar and is displayed as Status on the Clinical Toolbar. It can be used to update the patient's current status most commonly within the context of an ambulatory encounter. The dictionary is typically manually managed, but can be managed via SSMT as well.
Stored Procedures used:
- Extracting data: ImpGetEncounterStatus
- Loading data: ImpSetEncounterStatus
Column Listing and Descriptions
- Encounter Code - this is the unique entry code value for the Encounter Status. Only requirement is that this value is unique.
- Encounter Name - this is the description and display name of the Encounter Status. This is what will be seen in the Status drop down on the Clinical Toolbar. Special consideration should be given to the amount of room available for display on the front end.
- Entry Mnemonic - this is the unique mnemonic value for the Encounter Status. Only requirement is that this value is unique.
- SiteEntryCode - this value should directly reference the entry code value from the Site dictionary. This value will established a mapping between the encounter status value and a site. In order for the encounter status to be available on the Clinical Toolbar it must be mapped to the site that the user(s) are logged into.
- SiteEntryName - this value should directly reference the entry name/description from the Site dictionary.
- Sequence - this is a numeric value that can be set if you wish to enforce a display order for the Status drop down list per Site other than the default which is alphabetical.
- IsInactive - this is the inactive flag for the Encounter Status entry. Possible values include:
* N - set this value in order to update already existing encounter status entries. * Y - set this value in order to delete the mapping between the encounter status and site.
- Create New Encounter Status? - this is the create new entry flag for the Encounter Status entry. Possible values include:
* N - set this value if you are attempting to create a new mapping between this encounter status and a site entry. * Y - set this value to flag the entry as a net new encounter status that does not already exist in the dictionary.