SSMT: Charge Groups (Visit)
The Charge Groups (Visit) content category is intended to assist in the management of Visit Charge Code sub-groups within the Charge module of Allscripts Enterprise EHR. These sub-groups render on the Visit Charges tab of the MD Charges workspace. This content category can be used to manage these sub-groups both within and across environments.
Stored procedures used:
- Loading data: IMPSetChargeAndOrderGroups
- Extracting data: IMPGetChargeAndOrderGroups
Column Listing and Descriptions
- Group Name - the entry name of the group/specialty for which the sub-group is associated with. Groups are conceptually mapped to specialties, but this parameter is looking for an exact match based on Group entry name.
- SubGroup Name - the entry name of the sub-group for which the current charge code entry is being added or removed from. If entries are being added to an already existing sub-group then this value must be an exact match.
- SubGroup DisplayName - this is the display name value for the current sub-group and what users will see rendered in the EHR when accessing it. Only supply this value if a net new sub-group is attempting to be loaded.
- CPT4 Code - this is the entry code value of the charge code that is being added or updated to the current sub-group. This should directly reference the entry code value from the Charge Code EHR dictionary.
- Delete? - this flag will indicate whether or not the current record will be deleted from the existing sub-group. Acceptable values include:
* Y - indicates that the current charge code sub-group value will attempt to be removed from the current sub-group. Use to remove entries from existing sub-groups. * N - indicates that the current charge code sub-group value does not already exist. Use for adding new or updating already existing sub-group entries.
- CPT4 - this is the display name for the charge code entry being added or updated and what users will see in EHR when using the Charge module.
- Change Display Name? - indicated whether or not the charge code display name is to be changed. Acceptable values include:
* Y - indicates the charge code display name being supplied will attempt to overwrite what is already there. Use to update the charge code display name. * Blank - indicates the the charge code display name will not attempt to be overwritten.
- Create Group? - indicates whether or not the Group being loaded along with the sub-group is a net new group to the system. Acceptable values include:
* Y - indicates the Group does not already exist and will attempt to be created upon loading. * N - indicates the Group already exists in EHR and will attempt to match to an already existing Group entry.
- Create SubGroup? - indicates whether or not the sub-group being loaded is a net new sub-group to the system. Acceptable values include:
* Y - indicates the sub-group does not already exist and attempt to be created upon loading. * N - indicates the sub-group is not a new entry and will attempt to match to an already existing sub-group entry.
- The Charge Groups (Visit) content category is one of the SSMT categories which allows a group filter to applied prior to extracting data. This allows the content in this category to be managed at the Group or specialty level in EHR. Whether data is being migrated from test to live or being distributed to providers for refinement and review this feature helps to streamline that process.
- It is not recommended that this content category be used to manage the creation of new Group entries.
- If this content category is being utilized to migrate to different environment be sure to check that all environments are on a consistent version of the Medcin update. This could potentially cause mismatch errors when loading.
- Ensure that charge codes attempting to be loaded are flagged as Visit charges. This can cause errors upon loading.
back to SSMT main page