Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Portal Practice dictionary is used to map locations and sites within Allscripts to Portal practices. This is valid when multiple nonsharing organizations exist in EHR.
- Code - The Code is a unique identifier that must be supplied. This is not displayed in the product and is used for identification purposes only.
- Name - This is the name that will appear for the end users in the EHR application. This should be unique to prevent confusion.
- Mnemonic - This is not required, but it used as a secondary identifier. This does not appear in the product and unless you have another use for it, the recommendation would be to make this the same as the code.
- Inactive - The inactive flag allows you to inactivate or hide an entry.
- Enforced - The enforced flag designates whether a dictionary item is required and cannot be changed. In most cases, this comes predefined by Allscripts and should not be selected for new entries. If an entry is enforced, it cannot be modified or inactivated.
- Vendor Name - This refers to the vendor the practice uses for their portal
- Portal Practice ID - This refers to the specific ID the portal associates with each practice
- Mapped - Used to map the location/site to either an organization or a site