The Directives dictionary is used to describe how patients respond when presented with HIPAA-related forms. Contents should be reviewed for additional entries used with your organization. The Directives dictionary is an enforced dictionary and is delivered with three entries:
Signature On File
Refused To Sign
Directives are specified in the Patient Profile window and Patient Banner. (Organizations must decide where patient directives will be entered, either the PMS or TWEHR). There are three possible workflows:
Enter directives information in TouchWorks only.
Enter directives information into PMS and do not allow updates in TWEHR.
PMS interfaces over and allows updates (this is not recommended by Allscripts).
- Code - The Code is a unique identifier that must be supplied. This is not displayed in the product and is used for identification purposes only.
- Name - This is the name that will appear for the end users in the EHR application. This should be unique to prevent confusion.
- Mnemonic - This is not required, but it used as a secondary identifier. This does not appear in the product and unless you have another use for it, the recommendation would be to make this the same as the code.
- Inactive - The inactive flag allows you to inactivate or hide an entry.
- Enforced - The enforced flag designates whether a dictionary item is required and cannot be changed. In most cases, this comes predefined by Allscripts and should not be selected for new entries. If an entry is enforced, it cannot be modified or inactivated.