ConnectR Test, Development and Production (Live) Environment Best Practices
From Galen Healthcare Solutions - Allscripts TouchWorks EHR Wiki
Advantages of Separate Environments
- Upgrades – A separate ConnectR test environment offers a path for testing of upgrades to ConnectR.
- Segmentation of components – Test and live components (system definitions, scripts, message definitions) are separated. This reduces the accidental usage or update of a test component with a live one.
- Simplified view – Interface support and developers have fewer interfaces to manage per environment
- Support – Hot fixes, restarts of the machine (or ConnectR system service), etc can occur independently when there are multiple environments.
- Performance – Test interfaces on a production interface box do require resources that can impact the responsiveness of the production interfaces.