Building v11 Orders
In this webcast, we will expand on previous Order/Result webcasts to dive deeper into the Orderable Item Dictionary and other related dictionaries under TWAdmin. We will discuss the role of SSMT in this process as well as how Order and Result items are associated. The goal of this webcast is to further familiarize participants with the Orders module. Presented on October 11, 2013.
Q. Is it possible to include free text type questions as an Additional Information Question? Can you still add another follow-up question depending on the answer given in text form?
A. You can opt to ask a follow-up question ONLY if the initial question has been answered at all. It would not read what the text says and decide what to ask based on the answer; it would ask the same follow-up no matter what.
Q. How much time should we allow to bring up a new lab vendor on an order-res interface?
A. This can vary widely depending on the lab you are working with, whether you are implementing a full lab compendium or only items that your org uses, the project team, etc.
Q. What was the advantage of building Laterality as Modifier instead of AOE?
A. When you build a question as a modifier, there is less build work that needs to be done. You simply add the entries and picklist them in the Item Modifier Dictionary. These items also appear first on the order requisition. When an item is built as an AOE, there is more associated build work. You must build the entry item, choose a data type, and if the question is a picklist, then you must build the picklist in the answer dictionary as well as classify and picklist the entries from the Answer dictionary. This item will appear after the Item modifiers on the order requisition by default. One can certainly build the Laterality clinical question as an AOE, but since the item is simple, the build process is easier in the Item Modifier dictionary.
Q. Does the site restriction setting work well with parent classes as well(not just by order)?
A. Site Restrictions cannot be set for parent classes, because parent classes are not technically orderable items.
Q. Can you have an question be answered by the system? Is the pt over 70 yrs old? Can that yes/no be populated based on DOS of pt?
A. No, but you can set a default value for any AOE. In the details 2 section, the default behaviors consist of the following:
1. Default value: Specifies the entry from the Additional Information Dictionary, detail 1.
2. From previous answer for encounter: If the same question is asked on more than one order for the same encounter.
3. From previous answer for patient: If the same question is asked for the patient. For example, ethnicity is asked once for the patient.
4. From previous answer for performing location: When an order is entered, a performing location is entered. For example, call back number or printer for the location.
5. From previous answer for provider: Information assigned to the ordering provider. For example, pager number, call abnormal results to a phone or fax number.
6. From previous answer for the provider for the current orderable item: Information assigned for the orderable item for the provider.