The Allergen Reaction dictionary contains the list of possible allergic reactions when adding an allergy to a patient. This dictionary is not enforced and can be added and edited as desired.
To add a reaction to a patient profile, find the allergy in the ACI, right click on the allergy, and click edit. The allergen details window will appear, and a reactions box wll appear in this window. To add a reaction for the allergy selected, click on the binoculars.
- Code - The Code is a unique identifier that must be supplied. This is not displayed in the product and is used for identification purposes only.
- Name - This is the name that will appear for the end users in the EHR application. This should be unique to prevent confusion.
- Mnemonic - This is not required, but it used as a secondary identifier. This does not appear in the product and unless you have another use for it, the recommendation would be to make this the same as the code.
- Inactive - The inactive flag allows you to inactivate or hide an entry. If an item is inactivated, users would not have the ability to select the allergen in the future, although any patients with the allergen defined would remain viewable.
- Enforced - The enforced flag designates whether a dictionary item is required and cannot be changed. In most cases, this comes predefined by Allscripts and should not be selected for new entries. If an entry is enforced, it cannot be modified or inactivated.
To Add New Allergen Reactions
- Login as TWAdmin.
- Go to Dictionaries, and select the Allergen Reaction Dictionary from the dropdown menu.
- Click Add at the bottom of the screen.
- Using the definitions above, fill out the information accordingly.
- Click Save.