Interfaces are connections between two systems. ConnectR is the interface management and monitoring tool of choice for Allscripts implementations. An example of an interface would be the data flowing from a scheduling system into Allscripts.
A single interface consists of both a source and target system. Each interface uses a map to define where to put incoming data on the way back out. Additionally, translation tables can be used to map more than one value to a single output value.
- GE ConnectR
- Microsoft BizTalk Server
- Siemens OPENLink
- Corepoint Integration Engine
- Orion Health Rhapsody
- MD Link HL7 Integration & Interface Engine
- Intersystems Ensemble
- Lawson Cloverleaf Integration Engine
- McKesson Pathways
- Sun Oracle Java CAPS (eGate)
- Sunrise Elink - Allscripts
- Sybase E-Biz Impact
- Mirth Connect
- Interfaceware Iguana
- Epic Bridges
- Qvera Interface Engine
- NextGen Rosetta Interface Engine
- PilotFish Interface Engine
- Summit Express Connect
- Iatric EasyConnect Jaguar
Types of Interfaces
- ADT Patient List
- Document (Inbound)
- Document (Outbound)
- Outbound Immunization
- HIX (Health Insurance Exchange
Interface Engine Purchasing Considerations
- Installation - How easy is the engine to install? Is there a migration path from your existing interface engine?
- Usability - How intuitive is the user interface? Does it offer the capability of both GUI and code programming of interfaces?
- Performance - What is the throughput of the interface engine, i.e. how many messages does the interface process per minute for a given fan out?
- Reliability - Does the engine have 24X7 operation? What are typical causes/estimates of downtime?
- Scalability - Is this engine built to support increases in throughput? What is the nominal number of interfaces it can support without performance degradation?
- Configurability - Does the interface engine allow for customization and extensions to be carried out by the customer or 3rd party resources, without vendor involvement?
- Target Market - Does the vendor have a primary focus on health care?
- Support - Does the vendor offer 24X7 support? Is the support model included in the costs of the interface engine? Are there different tiers of support?