Securelink gatekeeper setup
Galen Healthcare uses a solution called Securelink to allow us to connect, maintain, upgrade and monitor your servers. Installing Securelink also provides us the ability to pull data in order to onboard practices to their state Health Information Network. (HIE)
Installing Securelink on your network is a three step process: Once these two steps are complete, Galen will be able to securely access your machines without the need for additional VPN software or proprietary clients. Here is a detailed description of the two steps:
- Activate Gatekeeper user account
- Install the Securelink Gatekeeper software.
- Activate Gatekeeper access.
If you encounter any problems along the way, you can contact your Galen resource or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activate Gatekeeper User Account
- You should receive an email asking you to activate your SecureLink Gatekeeper user.
- Click the "Activate your account" link in the email
- On the login screen, enter the letters you see in the image and click "Login"
- Fill out the form, including entering passwords twice. Click "Save"
- Under "My gatekeepers" you should see a list of available gatekeepers. On the right-hand side, you'll see a "Download" link. Click that to download the SecureLink setup file.
- Under "Download Gatekeeper for platform", choose "Windows"
The Securelink Gatekeeper needs to be installed on a minimum of one server in your environment, but we recommend installing it on two servers in case one of them becomes unavailable.
- Determine which machine you'd like to install your Gatekeeper on.
- Copy the SecureLink setup file to the desktop of the server server. You can also log onto https://galen.securelink.com from the server and log in to download the software.
- Run the executable SLinkGalen.exe that you just downloaded. Click Next to begin the installation:
- Choose the Standard installation:
- When the install has concluded, click 'Finish' to launch the gatekeeper. This will launch the Gatekeeper menu in a browser:
- After the Gatekeeper performs its connectivity test, enter the registration code provided by Galen Healthcare Solutions and click ‘Register’
- Enter your email address if you want to be notified when Galen is connecting to your servers. You can add additional addresses at any time by clicking the email icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen:
Activate Gatekeeper access
- Click the Status icon:
- Click the Access button. Enable access, either indefinitely, or for a period of time to allow your vendor to test connectivity.
- In the future, you may launch the gatekeeper from the Start menu, or via the web at http://<gatekeeperIP>:4680, where <gatekeeperIP> refers to the IP address of the gatekeeper machine.
- From the gatekeeper UI, you may view reports at any time by clicking the Reports icon, and viewing the full activity report:
- You can enable or disable access via the Status icon, located in the upper right hand corner of every page.
- Congratulations! Your gatekeeper is successfully configured.