Difference between revisions of "ECalcs - Integrated Health Calculators"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
| '''Which calculators are available?'''
| '''Which calculators are available?'''
| Galen offers dozens of calculators, including the most popular ones like the Framingham Cardiac Risk, Breast Cancer Risk, CHADS2 for Risk of Stroke, ADA Diabetes Risk, MELD Score for Liver Disease. For a full list, see the list of [[
| Galen offers dozens of calculators, including the most popular ones like the Framingham Cardiac Risk, Breast Cancer Risk, CHADS2 for Risk of Stroke, ADA Diabetes Risk, MELD Score for Liver Disease. For a full list, see the list of [[- Integrated Health Calculators#Available Calculators|Available Calculators]] below.
Revision as of 22:56, 9 April 2015
|eCalcs is fully integrated into the Allscripts TouchWorks (formally Enterprise) EHR, eliminating the need to keep a list of links to outside health calculators and saving precious time with patients.||The current patient’s health information is pre-loaded into the calculator, reducing the time and errors in entering the clinical indicators for the calculator.||With the score in hand, we can also seamlessly document this in the patient’s EHR chart.
|Introduction to eCalcs - 55s||How to use eCalcs - 2m45s||Configuring eCalcs|
|download the video||download the video|
|Read more about eCalcs or Request a Demo|
|Which calculators are available?|
|Galen offers dozens of calculators, including the most popular ones like the Framingham Cardiac Risk, Breast Cancer Risk, CHADS2 for Risk of Stroke, ADA Diabetes Risk, MELD Score for Liver Disease. For a full list, see the list of Available Calculators below.|
|Is it configurable?|
|Yes, the calculators are configurable and many are available from Galen. The chart data used for each measure is also configurable via a web-based management screen built into TWAdmin.|
|How are scores documented?|
|Scores are documented as Results within the patient chart based on the Resultables setup to document the results of each calculator. Results may be shown in a flow sheet and auto-cited into a Note.|
|Can I cite the score into the Note?|
|Yes. The Result that is added to the patient’s chart may be cited into the current Note, and auto-cited into new Notes.|
|Is eCalcs supported by Allscripts?|
|Galen fully supports eCalcs in your Allscripts environment. eCalcs utilizes standard components within Allscripts like the Web Framework and the standard Interface APIs.|
|What software or controls are required?|
|None - eCalcs is fully integrated into Allscripts. No new ActiveX controls or other software is required on PCs using eCalcs within the Allscripts TouchWorks EHR.|
|What new hardware is required?|
|No new server or PC hardware is required.|
|Is Citrix supported?|
|Yes, eCalcs fully supports Citrix.|
|Does eCalcs have an impact on the EHR?|
|There is no impact on the EHR in terms of performance or other negative consequences. Loading the eCalcs page is lightweight, requiring fewer web page and database calls than most screens in the EHR.|
|How does eCalcs support upgrades to the EHR?|
|eCalcs is designed to be minimally impacted by any changes in the EHR system. Upgrades and migrations may require eCalcs components to be re-applied, though rarely will any configuration or software changes be required with a new version of Allscripts. In these cases, Galen will support the new version as part of the normal eCalcs maintenance package.|
|When updates to the algorithms for calculators are made, is eCalcs updated?|
|Yes, the eCalcs maintenance package covers this. eCalcs calculators are updated along with changes in the medical research that support the online calculators.|
- Our EHR technicians will install the web server and database server components.
- Training on configuration of eCalcs to client.
Client – EHR Analyst
- Training from Galen on configuration of eCalcs - about one hour.
- Configure each calculator’s inputs, e.g. mapping which resultables should be considered the Total Cholesterol input for the Framingham Risk calculator – typically less than one hour per calculator.
- Optional: add Orderable and Resultable Item Dictionary entries used to store the eCalcs. Clients typically have Galen deliver these entries by default using SSMT, which saves our clients the hour of setup this normally requires in TWAdmin.
- Server technician – provide access to the appropriate EHR servers – 1 hour.
- EHR analyst – person familiar with the EHR build and dictionaries to configure the inputs on each calculator. See above for effort, approximately 2 hours plus 1 x number of calculators.
- Clinical advisor – nurse, mid-level or provider to answer any clinical questions from the EHR analyst during setup.
- ADA Diabetes Risk (2013 Update)
- Anticoag Module
- ARIC Coronary Heart Disease Risk
- AUA Symptom Score (for prostate disease)
- Bariatric Surgery
- Breast Cancer Risk
- Brief Alcohol and Drug Screen
- CAGE Alcohol Screening
- Caloric Requirements
- CHA2DS2 - VASc for Risk of Stroke
- CHADS2 for Risk of Stroke
- Child-Pugh Score
- Corrected QT Interval
- Creatinine Clearance (MDRD)
- Creatinine Clearance
- Crohn's Activity Index
- CV Risk
- DASS21 (Depression/Anxiety/Stress)
- Disease Activity Score (DAS28) for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS)
- Epworth Sleepiness Study
- Falls Risk Screening
- Framingham Risk for General CVD
- Framingham Risk for Heart Attack
- Framingham Stroke Risk
- FRAX WHO Fracture Risk
- GAD-7 General Anxiety Disorder
- Growth Velocity
- Gupta Perioperative Cardiac Risk
- HbA1c to Glucose Converter
- IBSS-R / IPSS-RA Calculator
- Ideal Body Weight (All Ages)
- Ideal Body Weight (Hamwi)
- Medication Adherence Rating Scale (MARS)
- MELD Score for Liver Diease (w/ NA)
- MELD Score for Liver Disease
- Mid-Parental Target Height (Tanner)
- Mini Mental Status Exam
- Mood Disorder Questionnaire
- Pediatric Blood Pressure Percentile
- PHQ 2014 (Depression Screening)
- PHQ - 2/9 (Depression Screening)
- PHQ - 9 (Depression Screening)
- Post Concussion Symptom Scale
- Pneumonia Severity Index
- Predicted Peak Flow
- Pregnancy Due Dates
- PRIME-MD Depression Screening
- Reynolds Risk Score
- STOP BANG Questionnaire
- Tobacco Screening
- Wells Score (DVT Risk)
- Wound Care Management
An electronic copy of this page may be downloaded as a PDF: eCalcs Brochure
- Open App Spotlight: Do Patients know what those numbers mean?
- eCalcs New Release (11/8/2014)
- eCalcs: First steps towards meaningful use compliance