Dictate Vendor Loc
The Dictate Vendor Print Loc dictionary contains entries used to manage outside vendor print areas. TouchWorks provides this information to the transcription vendor with the dictation. The vendor then uses this information to route the transcribed dictation once complete. In this scenario, the vendor provides a mechanism to print from their data center to the customer. Typically, their locations do not match the TouchWorks system printer locations used within the TouchWorks Document product. The vendor provides the printer hardware per clinic or facility in order to distribute the documents. As a result, the print locations are simply a data dictionary available to the provider on the PDA during dictation and provided through to the vendor and not back to the TouchWorks product. This dictionary is called from SA, TouchWorks, Dictate, and Dictate Monitor.
- Code - The Code is a unique identifier that must be supplied. This is not displayed in the product and is used for identification purposes only.
- Name - This is the name that will appear for the end users in the EHR application. This should be unique to prevent confusion.
- Mnemonic - This is not required, but it used as a secondary identifier. This does not appear in the product and unless you have another use for it, the recommendation would be to make this the same as the code.
- Inactive - The inactive flag allows you to inactivate or hide an entry.
- Enforced - The enforced flag designates whether a dictionary item is required and cannot be changed. In most cases, this comes predefined by Allscripts and should not be selected for new entries. If an entry is enforced, it cannot be modified or inactivated.