How can I have multiple IE sessions open on one computer?
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: THIS IS POSSIBLE, BUT IS NOT SUPPORTED BY ALLSCRIPTS.
This work around is sometimes recommended only for those clients who MUST share a workstation between a couple users.
In order to accomplish this, IE must be set so that each instance runs as its own process.
At the workstation(s) that needs this ability:
- Select Start
- Select Programs
- Right-Click Internet Explorer
- Select Copy
- Right-Click open area on your desktop
- Select Paste
- Right-Click IE shortcut that was created
- Select Properties
- Edit the Target field by adding the URL of the product you want to launch to the end of the current parameter.
- Example: Add your URL to the end of the current target
- "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://<Server Name>/ahsweb
- Hit OK
- Right-Click Shortcut
Back to Application Troubleshooting