SSMT: Billing Area
The Billing Area SSMT content category can be used to assist in managing the entries in the Billing Area dictionary. The Billing Area dictionary in most cases is provided by the PMS and in some cases kept synchronized via dictionary interfaces with the PMS. It is almost always the case that the entry code, name, and mnemonic values for your billing area entries will need to match what is in the PMS or centralized billing system.
Column Listing and Description
- Entry Code - this is the unique entry code value for the billing area entry.
- Full Name - this is the entry name and description field for the billing area entry. This is the value that is displayed on the encounter form.
- Entry Mnemonic - this is the unique mnemonic for the billing area entry.
- Inactive? - this flag indicates the current status of the billing area entry.
* Y - means the entry is currently inactive; use this value when loading to update to inactive. * N - means the entry is currently active; use this value when loading to update to active.
- Create? - this flag indicates creating a new entry versus an already existing one.
* Y - use this value if attempting to create a new billing area entry. * N - use this value is attempting to update an already existing billing area entry.