The Marital Status dictionary contains terms used to describe the status of a patient’s marriage. This information is filed from the practice management system via the registration interface and cannot be edited in TouchWorks. Allscripts does not provide any starter set data for this dictionary; no entries are automatically loaded. Organizations should review the marital status terms used in their practice management system and replicate those entries in the Allscripts Marital Status dictionary.
- Code - The Code is a unique identifier that must be supplied. This is not displayed in the product and is used for identification purposes only.
- Name - This is the name that will appear for the end users in the EHR application. This should be unique to prevent confusion.
- Mnemonic - This is not required, but it used as a secondary identifier. This does not appear in the product and unless you have another use for it, the recommendation would be to make this the same as the code.
- Inactive - The inactive flag allows you to inactivate or hide an entry.
- Enforced - The enforced flag designates whether a dictionary item is required and cannot be changed. In most cases, this comes predefined by Allscripts and should not be selected for new entries. If an entry is enforced, it cannot be modified or inactivated.