Entries in this dictionary indicate a patient’s status as it pertains to a site’s workflow, such as “Ready for MD” or “Orders Pending”. The patient’s status is viewable and editable from the Schedule page and the Clinical toolbar if the preference “Patient Tracking -Use Patient Encounter Status” is set to “Y”. Additionally, this dictionary allows individual sites to configure their own unique set of patient statuses.
- Code - The Code is a unique identifier that must be supplied. This is not displayed in the product and is used for identification purposes only.
- Name - This is the name that will appear for the end users in the EHR application. This should be unique to prevent confusion.
- Mnemonic - This is not required, but it used as a secondary identifier. This does not appear in the product and unless you have another use for it, the recommendation would be to make this the same as the code.
- Inactive - The inactive flag allows you to inactivate or hide an entry.
- Enforced - The enforced flag designates whether a dictionary item is required and cannot be changed. In most cases, this comes predefined by Allscripts and should not be selected for new entries. If an entry is enforced, it cannot be modified or inactivated.
- Sites- Sites available