From Galen Healthcare Solutions - Allscripts TouchWorks EHR Wiki
The Billing Location dictionary is linked to the Billing Location tab on the drop down menu of the Encounter Form.
You must attach billing locations to billing providers through the Charge Admin menu.
In the Billing Location dictionary:
- Code - The Code is a unique identifier that must be supplied. This is not displayed in the product and is used for identification purposes only.
- Name - This is the name that will appear for the end users in the EHR application. This should be unique to prevent confusion.
- Mnemonic - This is not required, but it used as a secondary identifier. This does not appear in the product and unless you have another use for it, the recommendation would be to make this the same as the code.
- Inactive - The inactive flag allows you to inactivate or hide an entry. If an item is inactivated, users would not have the ability to select the location for a billing provider.
- Enforced - The enforced flag designates whether a dictionary item is required and cannot be changed. In most cases, this comes predefined by Allscripts and should not be selected for new entries. If an entry is enforced, it cannot be modified or inactivated.